On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 02:23:55PM -0600, Gregory Shaw wrote:
> I'd agree except for backups.  If the pools are going to grow beyond a
> reasonable-to-backup and reasonable-to-restore threshold (measured by
> the backup window), it would be practical to break it into smaller
> pools.

Speaking of backups, and particularly when we get to recursive ones, I'd
like control over the filesystem and snapshot names restored, as well as
control over what snapshots should appear, overrides for properties
(considering the RFE to have property setting on zfs create).

Currently I think one can specify the fs name to restore, yes, I know.

Also, the recursive backup output will need a ToC and a tool to list it.

Nico