>> > I had a one disk pool, that I want to use as a boot
>> > disk, but I can't
>> > seem to get rid of the efi label, when i use  format
>> > -e  it and try to
>> > relabel, format bitches that it can't set disk
>> > geometry or write the
>> > new label.
>> >
>> > any one have any clues how to fix this?
>> >

>> James, you can usually find your disk  manufacturer's disk format utility
>> to totally clear the drive.  Alternatively, the Sun BIOS updated images,
>> if you have a Sun x86 system, have a format utility included on the CD
>> ROM.
>>
>> Another method it to start an install of FreeBSD or Linux on the drive to
>> just the point they clear the disk.  Ugly, but it works.
>>
>> Then there is this first hit on Google:
>> http://tech.tyr.org.uk/2006/02/solaris_and_efi.html
>
> tryed all the solaris based stuff that i can find... it just refused
> to over write the efi label

I'm a little out of the loop here and have not been following closely .. but
as I understand it you have a disk that has an new fangled vtoc/slice
map/partition thing on it and you want it back to old fashioned vtoc/SFI
type thing right ?

What happens if you try

format -e /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0

select backup ..

format> backup
Disk has a primary label, still continue?

and then apply the backup label ?

Dennis