James Dickens schrieb:
tried it again... same results... restores the damm efi label.. disk
starts on block 34 not 0, there is no slice 2... that solaris
ijnstaller demands

can not start any track at block 0.. so i can't create a backup slice aka 2.

This is a SCSI disk? Then you can send SCSI commands directly to the drive which overwrite sector 0.

I found a small test program to become famliar with USCSI I wrote a long time ago. It can also be used to overwrite the label:

        http://www.deadcafe.de/disk.c

At least it still compiles. But I don't have any SCSI drive, so I cannot test.
Simply compile with "make disk". Then call the program with the following

        ./disk -u -w c0t0d0s2

This will start writing the disk starting at sector 0. You can abort after a few seconds. Now you should have an empty disk without any disk label.

Daniel