About:

  -I've read the threads about zfs and databases. Still I'm not 100%
  convenienced about read performance. Doesn't the fragmentation of the
  large database files (because of the concept of COW) impact
  read-performance?

I do need to get back to this thread. The way I am currently
looking at this is this:

        ZFS will perform great at doing the transaction
        component (say the small (8K) O_DSYNC writes)
        because the ZIL will aggregate them in fewer larger
        I/Os and the block allocation will stream them to the
        surface.

        On the other hand, read streaming will require a
        good prefetch code (under review) to get the read
        performance we want.

If  the   requirements balances   random  writes   and  read
streaming, then  ZFS  should be  right there  with the  best
FS. If the critical requirement  focuses exclusively on read
streaming a file that was written randomly and, in addition,
the  number  of spindles is limited   then  that is  not the
sweetspot of ZFS.  Read performance  should still scale with
number of  spindles.  And, if    the load can accomodate   a
reorder, to  get top per-spindle read-streaming performance,
a cp(1) of the file should do wonders on the layout.

-r