On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 07:37:47PM -0600, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2006, at 7:33 PM, Erik Trimble wrote:
> >This is what Nico and I are talking about:  if you turn on file
> >versioning automatically (even for just a directory, and not a
> >whole filesystem), the number of files being created explodes
> >geometrically.
>
> But it doesn't.  Unless you are editing geometrically more files.

Perhaps my filing habits aren't very good, as I have many files that
I've edited over the years in very few directories.  Why punish me?

(Also, I believe in the search better, search more, file/sort less model
that Gmail and friends promote.  Filing is a pain.  Searching should be
easy and fast.  Until we get to where searching is always simpler/faster
than scrolling through directory listings I simply could not accept
in-your-face FV.)

Nico