Hi,

soon it'll be time to migrate my patchwork pool onto a real pair of
mirrored (albeit USB-based) external disks.

Today I have about half a dozen filesystems in the old pool plus dozens of
snapshots thanks to Tim Bray's excellent SMF snapshotting service.

What is the most elegant way of migrating all filesystems to the new pool,
including snapshots?

Can I do a master snapshot of the whole pool, including sub-filesystems and
their snapshots, then send/receive them to the new pool?

Or do I have to write a script that will individually snapshot all filesystems
within my old pool, then run a send (-i) orgy?

Best regards,
   Constantin

--
Constantin Gonzalez                            Sun Microsystems GmbH, Germany
Platform Technology Group, Global Systems Engineering      http://www.sun.de/

Sitz d. Ges.: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer