Hi everyone,

Now that zfsboot is becoming available, I'm wondering how to put it to
use. Imagine a system with 4 identical disks. Of course I'd like to use
raidz, but zfsboot doesn't do raidz. What if I were to partition the
drives, such that I have 4 small partitions that make up a zfsboot
partition (4 way mirror), and the remainder of each drive becomes part
of a raidz? Do I still have the advantages of having the whole disk
'owned' by zfs, even though it's split into two parts?
Swap would probably have to go on a zvol - would that be best placed on
the n-way mirror, or on the raidz?

Regards, Paul Boven.