On 10/18/07, Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Which marketing documentation (not person) says that ?

It was a person giving a technology brief in the past 6 weeks or so.
It kinda went like "so long as they link against the bundled openssl
and not a private copy of openssl they will automatically take
advantage of the offload engine."

> It isn't actually false but it has a caveat that the application must be
> using the OpenSSL ENGINE API, which Apache mod_ssl does and it must use
> the EVP_ interfaces in OpenSSL's libcrypto (not the lower level direct
> software algorithm ones).
>
> Remember marketing info his very high level, the devil as aways is in
> the code.

Yeah, I know.  It's often times difficult to find the right code when
you know what you are looking for.  When you don't know that you
should be fact-checking, the code rarely finds its way in front of
you.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/