On 11/29/07, Toby Thain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >         That is a great theory ... we have a number of Xserves with
> > Xraids. No ZFS on Mac OS X (yet),
>
> 10.5.

        Last I looked they were only supporting read only ZFS under
10.5. Also, based on the experiences of a number of my coworkers, 10.5
is nowhere near ready for real production use.

> > Eventually there
> > will be tools to reconstruct as much of the metadata as possible after
> > a disaster (there always are for true Enterprise systems), but not
> > yet.
>
> Sounds like you have answered all your questions about ZFS already.

Yup. My comment was more about MacOSX, Xserve, and Xraid suitability
in situations where reliability is key than ZFS.

--
Paul Kraus
Albacon 2008 Facilities