On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Mario Goebbels wrote:

>> Similarly, read block size does not make a
>> significant difference to the sequential read speed.
>
> Last time I did a simple bench using dd, supplying the record size as
> blocksize to it instead of no blocksize parameter bumped the mirror pool
> speed from 90MB/s to 130MB/s.

Indeed.  However, as an interesting twist to things, in my own
benchmark runs I see two behaviors.  When the file size is smaller
than the amount of RAM the ARC can reasonably grow to, the write block
size does make a clear difference.  When the file size is larger than
RAM, the write block size no longer makes much difference and
sometimes larger block sizes actually go slower.

Bob