On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Jonathan Edwards wrote:

> in that case .. try fixing the ARC size .. the dynamic resizing on the ARC
> can be less than optimal IMHO

Is a 16GB ARC size not considered to be enough? ;-)

I was only describing the behavior that I observed.  It seems to me
that when large files are written very quickly, that when the file
becomes bigger than the ARC, that what is contained in the ARC is
mostly stale and does not help much any more.  If the file is smaller
than the ARC, then there is likely to be more useful caching.

Bob