On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Krutibas Biswal
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Robert Milkowski wrote:
>> Originally you wanted to get it multipathed which was the case by
>> default. Now you have disabled it (well, you still have to paths but
>> no automatic failover).
>>
> Thanks. Can somebody point me to some documentation  on this ?
> I wanted to see 24 drives so that I can use load sharing between
> two controllers (C1Disk1, C2Disk2, C1Disk3, C2Disk4...) for
> performance.

You don't need to see the 24 drives.  The multipathing drivers hides
them to present a single drive despite both paths.  The layer above
(volume manager or ZFS in this case) uses this as a multipathed drive.

> If I enable multipathing, would the drive do automatic load balancing
> (sharing) between the two controllers ?

Yes.  that's exactly what multipathing does.

--
Just me,
Wire ...