Krutibas
> On x64 Solaris 10, the default setting of mpxio was :
>
> mpxio-disable="no";
>
> I changed it to
>
> mpxio-disable="yes";
>
> and rebooted the machine and it detected 24 drives.

...you have just *disabled* Solairs scsi_vhci(7d) multi-pathing.

You should go back to 'mpxio-disable="no";' and look
at 'prtconf -v /dev/rdsk/XXX' - you should see the multiple
paths 'virtualized' below a single /devices/scsi_vhci disk node.
For symetric devices the scsi_vhci code takes care of spreading
the load over available paths. See scsi_vhci(7d), and mpathadm(1M).
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/mpxio/

-Chris