Carson Gaspar wrote:
> Darren J Moffat wrote:
> > $ pwd
> > /cube/builds/darrenm/bugs
> > $ zfs create -c 6724478
> >
> > Why "-c" ?  -c for "current directory"  "-p" partial is
> already taken to
> > mean "create all non existing parents" and "-r" relative is
> already used
> > consistently as "recurse" in other zfs(1) commands (as well
> as lots of
> > other places).
>
> Why not "zfs create $PWD/6724478". Works today, traditional UNIX
> behaviour, no coding required. Unles you're in some bizarroland shell
> (like csh?)...

Because the zfs dataset mountpoint may not be the same as the zfs pool
name.  This makes things a bit complicated for the initial request.

Personally, I haven't played with datasets where the mountpoint is
different.  If you have a zpool tank mounted on /tank and /tank/homedirs
with mountpoint=/export/home, do you create the next dataset
/tank/homedirs/carson, or /export/home/carson ?  And does the mountpoint
get inherited in the obvious (vs. the simple vs. not at all) way?  I
don't know.

Also $PWD has a leading / in this example.

--Joe