On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Arif Khan wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> Can I use MPXIO/STMS with ZFS to do multipathing amount pools/devices ?
>
> Any issues, any specific version of STMS to avoid/use ?

By STMS I assume that you are talking about MPXIO.  Solaris 10 comes
with a quite usable MPXIO and it does work great with ZFS.  MPXIO
manages the devices so that ZFS only sees one path to each LUN.  Old
versions did not seem to support SAS but recent releases do.  The
ability to true load share or do active/standby depends on the model
that the storage array uses.

MPXIO is quite ugly and rough around the edges (at least compared with
ZFS) but it works.

Bob