On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:38:49AM -0400, Charles Menser wrote:
> I installed it with snv_86 in IDE controller mode, and have since
> upgraded ending up at snv_93.
>
> Do you know what implications there are for using AHCI vs IDE modes?

I had the same question and Neal Pollack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> told
me that:

: For a built-in motherboard port, legacy mode is not really seen as
: much slower.  From my understanding, AHCI mainly adds (in theory)  NCQ
: and hotplug capability.  But hotplug means very little for a boot disk,
: and NCQ is a big joke, as I have not yet seen reproducible benchmarks
: that show any real measurable performance gain.  So I personally think
: legacy mode is fine for now.

I STFW for the topic and I got similar comments on hardware review
sites forums.

Best,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163