On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 05:17:45PM +1200, Ian Collins wrote:
> Has anyone here had any luck using a CF to SATA adapter?
>
> I've just tried an Addonics ADSACFW CF to SATA adaptor with an 8GB card that
> I wanted to use for a boot pool and even though the BIOS reports the disk,
> Solaris B95 (or the installer) doesn't see it.

I tried this a while back with an IDE to CF adapter.  Real nice looking one too.

It would constantly cause OpenBSD to panic.

I would recommend against using this, unless you get real lucky.  If you want
flash to boot from, buy one of the ones that is specifically made for it (not
CF, but industrial grade flash meant to be a HDD).  Those things work a LOT
better.  I can look up the details of the ones my friend uses if you'd like.

> I might give the IDE version a go (I really wanted hoT-plug), otherwise I'll
> be able to store a couple of thousand photos in my camera...

That's the better plan. ;)

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of