While on the subject, in a home scenario where one actually notices
the electric bill personally, is it more economical to purchase a big
expensive 1tb disk and save on electric to run it for five years or to
purchase two cheap 1/2 TB disk and spend double on electric for them
for 5 years?  Has anyone calculated this?

If this is too big a turn for this thread, let's start a new one
and/or perhaps find an appropriate forum.

thx
jake