mike wrote:
> On 8/22/08, Rich Teer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> ZFS boot works fine; it only recently integrated into Nevada, but it
>> has been in use for quite some time now.
>>

> Yeah I got the install option when I installed snv_94 but wound up not
> having enough disks to use it.

You only need 1 disk to use ZFS root. You won't have any redundancy, but
as Darren said in another email, you can convert single device vDevs to
Mirror'd vDevs later without any hassle.
>> Even better: just use ZFS root and let it handle the details.
>>

> I assume since it's ZFS root it can make it's own filesystem then for
> liveupgrade or something (that's the "details" you speak of) - in that
> case, I'm cool with that.

Exactly. Filesystems can be created on the fly at any time on ZFS. I
think it's actually Live Upgrade (today) or SnapUpgrade (the future)
that will manage creating the ZFS's for you.

  -Kyle