Jorgen Lundman wrote:

> We did ask our vendor, but we were just told that AVS does not support
> x4500.

The officially supported AVS works on the X4500 since the X4500 came
out. But, although Jim Dunham and others will tell you otherwise, I
absolutely can *not* recommend using it on this hardware with ZFS,
especially with the larger disk sizes. At least not for important, or
even business critical data - in such a case, using X41x0 servers with
J4500 JBODs and a HAStoragePlus Cluster instead of AVS may be a much
better and more reliable option, for basically the same price.

--

Ralf Ramge
Senior Solaris Administrator, SCNA, SCSA

Tel. +49-721-91374-3963
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://web.de/

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas
Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss,
Achim Weiss