On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Ahmed Kamal wrote:

> - I still don't have my original question answered, I want to somehow assess
> the reliability of that zfs storage stack. If there's no hard data on that,
> then if any storage expert who works with lots of systems can give his
> "impression" of the reliability compared to the big two, that would be great

The reliability of that zfs storage stack primarily depends on the
reliability of the hardware it runs on.  Note that there is a huge
difference between 'reliability' and 'mean time to data loss' (MTDL).
There is also the concern about 'availability' which is a function of
how often the system fails, and the time to correct a failure.

Bob