On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Ahmed Kamal <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Now that I'm using ECC RAM, and enterprisey disks, Does this put this
> solution in par with low end netapp 2020 for example ?

*sort of*.  What are you going to be using it for?  Half the beauty of
NetApp are all the add-on applications you run server side.  The snapmanager
products.

If you're just using it for basic single head file serving, I'd say you're
pretty much on par.  IMO, NetApp's clustering is still far superior (yes
folks, from a fileserver perspecctive, not an application clustering
perspective) to anything Solaris has to offer right now, and also much,
much, MUCH easier to configure/manage.  Let me know when I can plug an
infiniband cable between two Solaris boxes and type "cf enable" and we'll
talk :)

--Tim