Miles makes a good point here, you really need to look at how this copes with
various failure modes.

Based on my experience, iSCSI is something that may cause you problems.  When I
tested this kind of setup last year I found that the entire pool hung for 3
minutes any time an iSCSI volume went offline.  It looked like a relatively
simple thing to fix if you can recompile the iSCSI driver, and there is talk
about making the timeout adjustable, but for me that was enough to put our
project on hold for now.

Ross