On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:25 PM, dick hoogendijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have to dig deeper with kmdb. But before we do that, tell me please
> what is an easy way to transfer the messages from the failsafe login on
> the problematic machine to i.e. this S10u5 server. All former screen
> output had to be typed in by hand. I didn't know of another way.

If you say "no" to mount the pool on /a, does it still hang?

Just to ask the obvious question, did you try to press ENTER or anything
else where it was hanging?

What build are you booting into failsafe mode?  Something older, or b99?

Do you have a build-99 DVD to boot from, from which you can get a proper
running system with networking, etc?

   Arthur C. Clarke

My blog: http://initialprogramload.blogspot.com