Chris Gerhard wrote:
> Not quite.  I want to make the default for all pools imported or not to
> not do this and then turn it on where it makes sense and won't do harm.

Aah I see. That's the complete opposite of what the desktop folk wanted
then - you want to opt-in, instead of opt-out.

For desktops & laptops, the requirement was for there to be no required
user action for this stuff to "just work".  For servers, the intent was
to just have it totally off by default (that is, the SMF service would
just be disabled)

I'm not sure there's an easy way to please everyone to be honest :-/

That said, how often do you import or create pools where this would be
an issue?  If you're importing pools you've used on such a system
before, then you'd already have the property set on the root dataset.

If you're constantly importing brand new pools, then yes, you've got a
point.

        cheers,
                        tim