around 30 to 40% it really starts to slow down, but no disconnection or timeout
yet. The speed is unacceptable and therefore will continue to with the notion
that something is wrong in the tcp stack/iscsi.

Following the snoop logs, it shows that the Windows size on the iscsi end is 0,
and the on the vmware size is 32969. It seems that the window size is
negotiatted for a quite some time then finally about 10 to 20 megs of data is
allowed to pass (based on the iostat -xn 1 report at the time of negotiation)
and then rinse and repeat.

I tried to use a desktop gigabit adapted for a network card, but it doesn't
seem to want to get enabled in opensolaris even though drivers are available
and installed. maybe wrong drivers?

I'll continue some more, but at this time i'm also out of options.

Tano