    rt> currently i crontab zfs send | zfs recv for this

doesn't it also fall over if the stream falls behind?  I mean, what if
it takes longer than ten minutes?  What if the backup node goes away
and then comes back?  What if the master node panics half way through
a restore?

this is all in addition to the performance and stability problems in
manual zfs sending.  My point is that I don't think the 10min delay is
the most significant difference between AVS/snapmirror and a 'zfs send'
cronjob.