On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:58 PM, River Tarnell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yah from what I can tell, it's just using
already-there-but-easier-to-look-at approach.
Not belittling the accomplishment, rolling all the system tools into a
coherent package is great, and the analytic is just awesome.

I am doing a similar project, and weighed several options for
replication. AVS was coveted for it's near real time replication and
ability to "switch directions" to replicate to the primary if you had
a fail-over.
But some AVS limitations[1] are probably going to make us use zfs
send/receive and it should keep up (delta per day is ~100GB)

We will be testing both methods here in the next few weeks, will keep
the list posted to our findings.

[1] sending drive rebuilds over the link sucks

--
Brent Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]