I looked at this a month back, i was leaning towards intel for
performance and power consumption but went for AMD doe to lack of ECC
support in most of the Intel chipsets.

I went for a AM2+ GeForce 8200 motherboard which seemed more stable
with Solaris than 8300. With the AM2+ socket I can wait for the new
45nm CPUs, I bought the cheapest dual-core I could find for now (which
did not support PM). I am very happy with the system except for the
fact that the onboard NIC doesn't work.

On Nov 14, 2008, at 11:43 PM, gnomad wrote:

> - Any comments on the P5E-VM or GA-EP45 boards?

Nether of them support ECC-memory.

> Many thanks in advance!
> --

Henrik Johansson