Miles Nordin wrote:
>     mb> if I'm risking it more than usual when the procedure is done?
>
> yeah, that is my opinion: when the procedure is done, using ZFS
> without a backup is risking the data more than using UFS or ext3
> without a backup.  Is that a clear statement?
>

> I can ramble on, but maybe that's all you care to hear.

Thanks all for your input. I guess basically the idea is sound for my
needs; however, Miles' words made me do my homework and read the mail
archives. So I don't know ... The idea of loosing a complete zpool just
because the power goes out (which  does happen once of twice a year
here), or simply because of the fact that I will be running on toy
hardware, is really not comfortable. I'm quite confident ext3 will never
do that to me.

In a mail from last month Jeff Bonwick wrote on this list that he's
working on better recovery from inconsistent filesystems. I guess that's
something I should wait for.

--
---- Martin Blom --------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ----
Eccl 1:18                                 http://martin.blom.org/