[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I thought to look at df output before rebooting, and there are PAGES & PAGES
> like this:
>
>/var/run/.patchSafeModeOrigFiles/usr/platform/FJSV,GPUZC-M/lib/libcpc.so.1
7597264   85240 7512024     2%    /usr/platform/FJSV,GPUZC-M/lib/libcpc.so.1
> . . .
> Hundreds of mountpoints, what's it doing in there?

That's normal, for deferred-activation patches (like this jumbo kernel patch).
They are loopback mounts which are supposed to keep any kernel-specific things
from being affected by something that would otherwise change the running
kernel.

Using liveupgrade for patches is quite a bit cleaner, in my opinion,
if you have that option.  It seems to do a good job of updating grub on
all bootable drives as well (as of S10U6, anyway).

Regards,

Marion