Vincent Fox wrote:
> Reviving this thread.
>
> We have a Solaris 10u4 system recently patched with 137137-09.
> Unfortunately the patch was applied from multi-user mode, I wonder if this
> may have been original posters problem as well?  Anyhow we are now stuck
> with an unbootable system as well.
>
> I have submitted a case to Sun about it, will add details as that proceeds.

Hi

There are basically two possible issue that we are aware of
6772822,  where the root fs has insufficient space to hold the failsafe
archive ( 181M ) the bootarchive 80M approx, and a rebuild of same when
rebooting, leading to some possible different outcomes

if you see "seek failed" it indicates that new bootblk installed ok, but
it couldn't rebuild on reboot,

There are also issues where if running svm on mpxio, the bootblk won't
et installed, 6772083 or 6775167

Let us know the exact errror seen and if possible the exact output from
patchadd 137137-09
Enda