Hi,

I have OpenSolaris on an Amd64 Asus-A8NE with 2gig of Rams and 4x320 gig sata
drives in raidz1.

With dd, I can write at quasi disk maximum speed of 80meg each for a total of
250meg/s if I have no Xsession at all (only console tty).

But as soon as I have an Xsession running, the write speed drops to about
120MB/s.
Its even worse if I have a VBoxHeadless running with an idle win2k3 inside. It
drops to 30 MB/s.

The CPU is at 0% in both cases and nothing is using the array either. I tried
to investigate with DTrace without success...

Anyone have a clue of what could be going on?

Thanks

Zerk