Hi,

thanks for the reply

I though that was that too, so I wrote a C program that allocated 1 gig of ram
doing nothing with it. So the system was left with only 1 gig for ZFS and I saw
absolutely no performance hit.

I tried the same thing for the CPU by doing a loop and taking 100% on one of
the 2 core I have. Same thing... no hit at all.

I think it have something to do with system calls, kernel or some like that but
I don't know enough on that to be able to diagnose such a problem...

The video card I have in there is an old Matrox G200 PCI because this is all I
got left and because I didn't need anything better than that on a server. I
disabled the console X server and I only connect via Xvnc server so I would be
really surprise if Xvnc is doing something with that card but we never know...

Thanks

Zerk