> There was a very long discussion about this a couple of weeks ago on
> one of the lists. Apparently the decision was made to put the GNU
> utilities in default system wide path before the native Sun utilities
> in order to make it easier to attract Linux users by making the
> environment more familiar to them. It was apparently assumed that
> longtime Solaris users would quickly and easily figure out what the
> problem was and adjust the PATH to their liking.

Well, it's OpenSOLARIS, comes with nice OpenSOLARIS goodies.  Oooh ZFS
ACL! <rub hands together>  Goody!  chmod A+user... <gets slapped>  ls
-V <gets slapped>  OpenSOLARIS sucks!

It's a quibble, but the way things are, it pleases no one, I don't
think the casual Linux user moseying over to OpenSolaris would like
the scenario above.

CT