Vahid Moghaddasi wrote:
Hi,
I am wondering if there is a guideline on how to configure ZFS on a server with Oracle database?

Start with the Best Practices Guide
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Best_Practices_Guide

We are experiencing some slowness on writes to ZFS filesystem. It take about 530ms to write a 2k data.

This seems unusual, unless the EMC is mismatched wrt how they may have
implemented cache flush.  The issues around this are described in the Evil
Tuning Guide
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Evil_Tuning_Guide#Cache_Flushes
-- richard

We are running Solaris 10 u5 127127-11 and the back-end storage is a RAID5 EMC EMX.
This is a small database with about 18gb storage allocated.
Is there a tunable parameters that we can apply to ZFS to make it a little faster for writes. Oracle is using 8k block size, can we match zfs block size to oracle without destroying the data?
$ zpool status zpraid0_e2
  pool: zpraid0_e2
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:
NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM zpraid0_e2 ONLINE 0 0 0 c3t60060480000190101941533030453434d0 ONLINE 0 0 0
errors: No known data errors
Thanks,