looks worth a go otherwise:

if the boot disk is also off that controller it may be too hosed to write anything to the boot disk hence FMA doesn't see any issue when it comes up. Possible further actions:

- Upgrade FW of controller to highest or known working level
- Upgrade driver or OS level.
- Try another controller (may be its broken and barfs under stress ?)
- Analyze the crash dump (if any is saved)
- It may be its a know Solaris or driver bug and somebody has heard of it before.

hth,

..Remco

Blake wrote:
Could the problem be related to this bug:

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6793353

I'm testing setting the maximum payload size as a workaround, as noted
in the bug notes.