Tim wrote:

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Richard Elling <richard.ell...@gmail.com <mailto:richard.ell...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I see no evidence of an I/O or file system bottleneck here.  While the
    service times are a little higher than I expect, I don't get
    worried until
    the %busy is high and actv is high and asvc_t is high(er).  I
    think your
    problem is elsewhere.

    NB when looking at ZFS, a 1 second interval for iostat is too small
    to be useful.  10 seconds is generally better, especially for older
    releases of ZFS (anything on Solaris 10).

    <shameless plug>
    ZFS consulting available at http://www.richardelling.com
    </shamelss plug>

    -- richard

So does that mean you don't work for Sun anymore...?

I describe it as "free of the shackles of the corporate jail, I can
now recognize and act upon any opportunity I find interesting."
With Sun being bought by Oracle, I have a feeling there will
be plenty of opportunity...
-- richard