On Mon, Apr 20 at 14:19, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Tim wrote:

Oracle: It should be an interesting ride to say the least.  I guess we'll
see just how much they love linux... either zfs et. all will become GPL, or
we'll see their true colors.  I'm secretly hoping for the latter (as long as
they keep it open sourced).

I don't think that GPL would be very wise, although a dual-license may be ok. Linux would need GPLv2, which is now out of date.

GPL v2 may not be the most recent version, but a lot of people prefer
GPLv2 to GPLv3, in the same way that some people might prefer Solaris
8 to Solaris 10, or Linux 2.4 kernels to the 2.6 series.

I don't know who they are, but they certainly exist.

--
Eric D. Mudama
edmud...@mail.bounceswoosh.org