Ross wrote:
Supermicro AOC-SAT2-MV8, based on the Marvell chipset.  I figured it was the
best available at the time since it's using the same chipset as the x4500
Thumper servers.

Our next machine will be using LSI controllers, but I'm still not entirely
happy with the way ZFS handles timeout type errors.  It seems that it handles
drive reported read or write errors fine, and also handles checksum errors, but
it's completely missed drive timeout errors as used by hardware raid
controllers.

Personally, I feel that when a pool usually responds to requests in the order
of milliseconds, a timeout of even a tenth of a second is too long.  Several
minutes before a pool responds is just a joke.

I'm still a big fan of ZFS, and modern hardware may have better error handling,
but I can't help but feel this is a little short sighted.
patches welcomed

./C