Hi Richard,

Yes, I did miss that one, but could you remind me what exactly are the sd and
ssd drivers?  I can find lots of details about configuring them, but no basic
documentation telling me what they are.

I'm also a little confused as to whether it would have helped our case.  The
logs above seemed to indicate that Solaris ignored huge numbers of timeouts
before faulting the device.  I'm guessing that's down to FMA, and as far as I
know, that's not tunable is it?

And yes, I spotted the iSCSI time outs, thank you.  A couple of people have
pointed that out to me now and I'm looking forward to testing it out.

But coming back to the timeouts, (and I know I'm going over old ground - feel
free to ignore me *grin*), you're saying that a tenth of a second is way too
short, and it needs to be at least 10s.  Why is that?  An Intel SSD device can
return results in around 0.2ms.  Waiting 10s is enough to delay 50,000
transactions, and around 2.5GB of data.

If I've got a mirrored pair of those SSD's, I really don't want ZFS to even
wait a tenth of a second before trying the second one.