James C. McPherson wrote:
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 15:26:12 -0700 (PDT)
Andre Lue <no-re...@opensolaris.org> wrote:

Was de-duplication slated for snv_119?
No.

If not can anyone say which snv_xxx and in which form will we
see it (synchronous, asynchronous both)?

No, and no.
<noise>

If anyone from Greenbytes is reading this.. If you would have released the source and been community friendly about your dedup you could have had an Ubuntu cult-like following by now. By this I mean thousands of users and companies possibly using it. This may not have been what you originally envisioned, but there are business models which would have worked.

Where are things now and how can that all be turned around?

If you want dedup in OpenSolaris please vote in the poll I just setup.

http://www.osunix.org/poll.jspa?poll=1001

If they realize there's a voice listening maybe they will listen back.

Regards,

./Christopher

</noise>