Paul B. Henson wrote:
I posted a little while back about a problem we are having where when a
new directory gets created over NFS on a Solaris NFS server from a Linux
NFS client, the new directory group ownership is that of the primary group
of the process, even if the parent directory has the sgid bit set and is
owned by a different group.

Have you tried using different values for the per dataset aclinherit or aclmode properties ?

aclinherit YES YES discard | noallow | restricted | passthrough | passthrough-x
        aclmode         YES      YES   discard | groupmask | passthrough

I'm not sure they will help you much but I was curious if you had looked at this area for help.

--
Darren J Moffat