On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Darren J Moffat wrote:

> Have you tried using different values for the per dataset aclinherit or
> aclmode properties ?

We have aclmode set to passthrough and aclinherit to passthrough-x (thanks
again Mark!). We haven't tried anything else.

> I'm not sure they will help you much but I was curious if you had looked
> at this area for help.

If you saw the message I sent late yesterday, I found the code in the nfs
server which explicitly sets the group owner if one is not specified by the
client, so I don't think at the filesystem level it has much choice, it's
being told explicitly which group the new directory should be owned by.

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu