I was wondering what the best method of moving a pool from FreeBSD 8.0 to
OpenSolaris is.

When i originally built my system, it was using hardware which wouldn't work
in opensolairs, but i'm about to do an upgrade so i should be able to use
Opensolaris when i'm done.

My current system uses a Highpoint RocketRaid 2340.  It has 12 1TB hard
drives an intel core2 quad Q9550 and 8gb of ddr2 800 desktop ram.

I'm going to buy 8 more 1TB drives, a Supermicro MBD-X7SBE motherboard 2
Supermicro AOC-SAT2-MV8 raid cards and 8 gb of ddr2 800 registered ecc
memory

I know i probably can't import my current pool into opensolaris, but i was
thinking i could use the 8 drives and create a pool which i COULD import,
using that to back up my data.

I'm not sure how to go about it.  Basically, how should i format my drives
in FreeBSD, create a ZPOOL which can be imported into OpenSolaris.

Once i can do that, i'd like to create create a new pool in opensolaris
using the old drives copy the data back, then destory the pool i used to
migrate the data, so i can add those drives to my new opensolaris pool

Also, is it possible to install opensolaris to compact flash cards?  The
reason i ask is that i know the root pool can't be raidz.

My FreeBSD install is on 2 compact flash cards which i used to boot the
system.  I used 2 sata to compact flash adapters.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186051&cm_re=sata_to_compact_flash-_-12-186-051-_-Product

I would like to use these 2 cards as my root pool if possible.  They are 8
gb each.

Thanks for any help/suggestions