guys!  it's alllllll good.

We don't need to argue about whether or not EFI is or isn't platform
independent....what would be nice, is if someone can explain the best way to
create a zpool in freebsd that i can import into solaris so i can move my
data.

I've still got a week or two before i have to do this, so any info is likely
to be helpful.