I have 4 such htpc's based on the zotac ionitx board.
It's wonderful.  With VDPAU you can get 1080p video without any issues and
it uses AT MOST 30 watts of power, but normally more like 15.

I use opensolaris as my nas, currently in a norco 4020 case with 20 1TB
drives on 3 AOC-SAT2-MV8 cards, opensolaris is installed on 2 ssd's which i
have inside the norco, not in hot swap bays.  I used a q9550 cpu which has
turned out to be somewhat overkill EVEN running xen and using 2 vm's