On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Simon Breden <sbre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have used OpenSolaris on the NAS and XBMC as the media player, and it works
> greatl.

Same here, although I use a normal modded XBOX. I am thinking of
switching to a Mac Mini w/ Plex soon (a friend's setup is really
awesome) - I want more horsepower under the hood. The XBOX is dated
now, and won't even play certain DVDs.

I will note that one version of OpenSolaris (supposedly fixed now)
could not load .iso files above something like 2.6 gigs using the
in-kernel CIFS service. Switching it back to userland samba worked
fine. My whole reason for using SXCE was for the CIFS service :p