This reminds me of this attorney that charged very much for a contract template
he copied and gave to a client. To that, he responded:
-You dont pay for me finding this template and copying to you, which took me 5
minutes. You pay me because I sat 5 years in the university, and have 15 years
of experience. That is why you pay me.

I agree that Sun hardware is way too pricey for a home user, but this is
Enterprise stuff. And you should look at IBM prices, they are 5-10x higher than
Sun's prices.

I think the Enterprise customers, do not pay for Sun bringing you a disk from
the cellar, which takes 5 minutes. But they pay for all the research,
development, and Sun making sure everything works as intended.

I love that Sun shares their products for free. Which other big Unix vendor
does that?