On February 3, 2010 12:04:07 PM +0200 Henu <henrik.he...@tut.fi> wrote:
Is there a possibility to get a list of changed files between two
snapshots?

Great timing as I just looked this up last night, I wanted to verify
that an install program was only changing the files on disk that it
claimed to be changing.  So I have to say, "come on".  It took me but
one google search and the answer was one of the top 3 hits.

<http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=65632>

# newer files
find /file/system -newer /file/system/.zfs/snapshot/snapname -type f
# deleted files
cd /file/system/.zfs/snapshot/snapname
find . -type f -exec "test -f /file/system/{} || echo {}" \;

The above requires GNU find (for -newer), and obviously it only finds
files.  If you need symlinks or directory names modify as appropriate.

The above is also obviously to compare a snapshot to the current
filesystem.  To compare two snapshots make the obvious modifications.

-frank